About Luís Bastos
My elevator pitch (3 words vs.): nanotech improving life.
My elevator pitch (extended vs.): I want to change the world through science and technology (in general) and through nanoscience, nanotechnology and nanomedicine (in particular), making it better for us all and for our descendants. I believe strongly in a world with equal access to health care, with much less poverty, with more opportunities for a better life, with more sustainability and with a better environment.I work in the field of strategic consulting since the end of 2003. I am positioned on the field of Nano-Bio convergence, with focus on nanomedicine. However my skills extend from life science to nanotechnology.
I work with full passion: with my Mind, my Heat and my Soul. I find nanoscience and nanotechnology in general and nanomedicine in particular absolutely fascinating.
My experience stands on academic knowledge but also on accumulated knowledge over years, in the daily practice of my profession.
I am the kind of professional that has a constant attitude of constant absorption of knowledge and self-improvement.
I visualize the mistakes I made as valuable opportunities for my self-improvement. Therefore, I am able to advise my clients not to commit many errors.
Follow some of my preferred quotes about mistakes:
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
“If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.”
Sir Ken Robinson
"It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man."
Richard P. Feynman
"Successes teach you nothing. Failures teach you everything. Making mistakes is the most important thing you can do."
"Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t."
Thomas A. Edison
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery."
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."
Steve Jobs, Apple
My skills and specialties include:
- Market research, market reports, industry reports, competitive analysis, market studies and market information prospect;
- Science writing, content management, content curation, content assessment, content revision, content editing and content writing;
- Strategic consulting & advisory;
- Marketing & communication;
- Processes optimization;
- Value chain optimization,
- Web site assessment,
- Portal conception;
- Social networks.
I implemented some personal projects, of which I highlight:
- NanoMedicine Revolution - Relevant news about The NanoMedicine Revolution - Updated Daily, by Scoop.it!. A web page of daily news dedicated to The Nanomedicine Revolution. I am the curator of this news web page;
- NanoTechnology Revolution - Newsradar about The NanoTechnology Revolution - Updated Daily, by Scoop.it!. A web page of daily news dedicated to The Nanotechnology Revolution. I am the curator of this news web page;
- NanoBioPharmaceuticals - Newsradar about nanotechnology enabled biopharmaceuticals; by Scoop.it!. A web page of daily news dedicated to nanotechnology in biopharmaceuticals. I am the curator of this news web page;
- NanoBiomedical Diagnostics - Newsradar about nanotechnology in biomedical diagnostics; by Scoop.it!. A web page of daily news dedicated to nanotechnology in biomedical diagnostics. I am the curator of this news web page;
- Nano in Regenerative Medicine & Tissue Engineering - Newsradar about nanotechnology in tissue engineering & regenerative medicine; by Scoop.it!. A web page of daily news dedicated to nanotechnology in regenerative medicine & tissue engineering. I am the curator of this news web page;
- nanogolive – Nano-Bio Convergence. nanogolive is a news platform, dedicated to the Nano-Bio Covergence (including nanomedicine. nanogolive is currently present on social networks:
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/nanogolive);
- Twitter (@nanogolive);
- Nanomedicine Daily by Luís Bastos, by paper.li. I am the editor/curator of this online news journal. This paper is a contribution dedicated to all professionals in the field and a wide range of players also involved in this field. I hope readers find it useful.
I am also co-manager of Nanotechnology in Drug Delivery (abbreviation: NDD), by kind invitation of the owner of this Group, Rajesh Patil, Ph.D. NDD is a fast growing Group on LinkedIn® professional networking services, with a fast growing impact on the community of NDD and nanomedicine professionals, worldwide.
I created three groups on LinkedIn® professional networking services dedicated to specific fields:
- Nanotechnology in Biomedical Diagnostics (abbreviation: Nano-BmD);
- Nanotechnology in Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine (abbreviation: Nano-TERM);
- Nano-Materia (abbreviation: N-M).
Many more personal projects are currently in my mind and will be released gradually.
I live in Almada (near Lisbon), Portugal.
Portugal is my Country of origin, the Country where I grew up and where I live. I have within me the collective memory and the genetic heritage that characterizes the Portuguese People and my Ancestors.
Business Ethics and Transparency are sacred to me.
In my lexicon, Collaboration means Remunerated Work.
You can find more about me on my LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/luisbastos.
-- Luís Bastos