A new group has just been created and is dedicated to a specific area of nanomedicine: the "Nanotechnology in Biomedical Diagnostics" Group, at LinkedIn® professional networking services - the largest social network dedicated strictly to professional affairs, worldwide.
Logo of the "Nanotechnology in Biomedical Diagnostics" (Nano-BmD) Group,
by LinkedIn® professional networking services.
Supported in numerous studies, LinkedIn® professional networking services is recognized worldwide as the largest social network dedicated strictly to professional affairs. LinkedIn, with regard to professional affairs, is the most important social network and generates the most positive impact. And I agree.
A new group has just been created on LinkedIn dedicated to a specific area of nanomedicine: the "Nanotechnology in Biomedical Diagnostics" Group (abbreviation: Nano-BmD), at LinkedIn® professional networking services.
Nanotechnology has renewed the current and recent practices of biomedical diagnosis.
This field of nanomedicine enables a revolutionary new approach to the biomedical diagnostics. Due to the ability to manipulate matter at the nanometre scale, nanotechnology in biomedical diagnosis allows the detection and diagnosis at the cellular, subcellular and molecular levels, with high selectivity. Some key attributes are presented below:
- Higher sensitivity and accuracy in detecting diseases;
- earlier detection of disease, thereby enabling decision making more effective;
- Enhancement of disease monitoring in the real-time;
- Boost to the biomarker discovery;
- High throughput capability;
- Portability (in many cases);
- Time saving;
- Cost effectiveness.
- The use of nanocarriers as a delivery strategic approach;
- Emphasis on specificity and precise targeting approaches and mechanisms (affinity-based delivery systems);
- Concerns regarding bioavailability and biodegradability;
- Concerns regarding nanotoxicology;
- Concerns regarding uptake of nanoparticles by cells, tissues and organs.
- Quantum dots;
- Gold nanoparticles;
- Nanobiosensors / bionanosensors;
- Medical devices;
- Medical imaging;
- Point-of-care diagnostics;
- Scientists (academia, industry);
- Patent attorneys;
- And a whole vast and diverse range of professional actors connected to the field of nanotechnology in biomedical diagnosis.
Therefore, the requirements for the Nano-BmD to become a discussion group highly specialized and highly professional, at international level are met.
It is important to take into account that the Nano-BMD is in LinkedIn® professional networking services - the largest social network dedicated strictly to professional affairs, worldwide.
Owner of the Nano-BmD Group: Luis Bastos.
Manager of the Nano-BmD Group: Rajesh Patil.